You try to run MigrateAdmin and when clicking next on the initial wizard screen you are presented with a message that states "Goldmine must be installed on this machine and in a networked environment must be a Goldmine server.". You can also see a message that MigrateAdmin was unable to locate the GMbase folder.
To resolve this issue try the following steps:
- Go to START > SEARCH > FILES or FOLDERS.
- Enter the filename "gm.ini" as the search criteria.
- Click on the option to "Search Hidden files or folders".
- Click the Search button.
- Once you locate your GM.INI file right-click the file and choose Copy.
- Open My Computer and browse to C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication Data.
- Create a new folder called "Goldmine".
- Open the new folder and right-click and choose "Paste".
You should now have a Goldmine with a GM.INI file located at C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplications DataGoldmine. Now open ACT! 2005/2006 and go to FILE > MIGRATEADMIN and try the wizard again.
If the steps above did NOT correct the issue, try the following steps.
- Open Goldmine.
- Go to EDIT > PREFERENCES.
- Click on the "Login" tab.
- Check the paths listed for "Goldmine database". Make sure this reflects where you have your goldmine database stored.
- Check the path listed for "Goldmine home directory". Make sure this reflects where Goldmine is installed.
- Click OK to exit the preferences once you have updated them.
- Repeat the steps above at this point.
If at this point you still are not able to use MigrateAdmin, Please contact technical support by visiting our support website at www.asdscomputer.com/support. There you will find several options for support including creating a support ticket for your issue.