You receive the following error when attempting a mail merge fax using FaxTalk as the faxing provider for FaxAdmin.
This is caused by not having a graphics program associated to files with a .TIF extension. This is the standard file type for fax images. You will need to associate the .TIF extension to a graphics program in Windows before you can use the mail merge functionality. You can use the following steps to accomplish this task:
- Open "My Computer"
- Go to TOOLS > FOLDER OPTIONS
- Choose the "VIEW" tab
- Uncheck the option for "Hide extensions for known file types"
- Right click on the desktop and choose NEW > TEXT DOCUMENT
- Rename the .TXT to .TIF on the new file
- Double-click to open the new .TIF file
- Choose the option to "Select a program from the list" and click OK
- For XP, choose "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" For Vista, choose "Vista Photo Gallery"
- Make sure the option is chosen for "Always use the selected program" and click "OK"
Now you should be able to complete a mail merge as you have now associated .TIF files with a graphics program to complete the process.