This error message occurs when you are missing a registry key for the location of the WordPad.exe
IMPORTANT!: The following steps involve going into your Windows registry. It is highly recommended you make a backup of your Windows registry prior to making changes. You MUST exercise caution when making changes to the Windows registry!
You can use the following steps to correct this problem.
- Close ACT! 2005/2006.
- Go to START > RUN and type "regedit".
- Browse to the following registry key:
- Right-click on "App Paths" and choose NEW > KEY.
- With the new key highlighted, type "WORDPAD.EXE" and press Enter.
- Click on the new key "WORDPAD.EXE" and on the right side of the screen right-click "(default)" and choose "Modify".
- Enter the following into the "Value Data" line:
- Close the registry editor and try installing FaxAdmin again.